You Too Can Have Strong and Long Eyelashes!
We have all obsessed with long & luscious eyelashes at some point of time in our lives. We may not have been born with them, but there are definitely ways that can help strengthen and lengthen what you already have. The following tips and tricks can go a long way in helping you flutter them noticeably.
- Mascara is great for highlighting our eyes and helps in creating the illusion of longer and bushier eyelashes. Having said that, make sure you clean off every speck of makeup from your lashes before going to bed. Mascara can break off your eyelashes and can cause more damage than good. Make sure you use a gentle makeup remover and remember not to pull or tug too hard. Be gentle.
- Do not pull your eyelids, while using an eyelash curler. Lash roots are delicate and it can take up to 2 to 3 months for a single lash to grow back.
- Lashes need conditioning too. There are many over-the-counter lash conditioners available which can help improve the length, thickness, and strength of lashes, and along with that, help stops breakage. Most lash conditioners are recommended to be used at night for best results. Remember to clean your lashes, before applying the conditioner. Once adapted to your daily routine, you will definitely see gradual improvement in as less as a month.
- Castor Oil can work wonders for your lashes. It has a high percentage of ricinoleic acid which is anti-inflammatory as well as anti-bacterial. It is also made up of oleic acid, which is an excellent emollient and thus great for moisturizing your lashes. Best of all, owing to its low molecular mass, castor oil molecules are small enough to be absorbed easily and help reach deep into the hair follicles. So, for thick and gorgeous looking eyelashes, all you need to do is to dab some oil on top of your eye -lashes every night, with a clean cotton swab. Remember to wash off any remains in the morning. 100% pure, cold-pressed castor oil will work best for this and will get great results.
- Olive Oil, Vaseline or Vitamin E Oil, are full of goodness and can be substituted for castor oil. Regular application will help condition your lashes and make them stronger and give you dense looking eyelashes.
- Take a well-balanced diet and including foods that are high in iron, zinc, calcium, protein. Foods containing Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin H and Vitamin B-3 are excellent for eyelash growth.
If you are running out of patience while waiting for the lashes to grow, you can up your glamour quotient instantly by using false eyelashes. Try the Ardell Invisiband Glamour Eyelashes that uses 100% human hair. They will immediately highlight your eyes and make your lashes look dramatically enhanced. Remember to be gentle while removing them so that you do not hurt your natural tender lashes.