Can You Become More Beautiful with Yoga ?
Most of us know that yoga is a form exercise that helps people lose weight, gain flexibility or even control or cure certain diseases. However, very few people are aware of the fact that yoga can help you become more beautiful. Yes, there are certain yoga exercises dedicated to maintaining a youthful complexion. With regular practice regularly, these yoga asana coupled with pranayama can help you get a natural ‘facelift’.
Can’t wait to get started? Here are some poses and pranayama you can try right away:
- Kapalabhati to Illuminate: For glowing skin, it is important to cleanse yourself from within. Kapalabhati which literally means skull illuminating is a pranayama that helps in detoxifying the body. Practicing kapalabhati regularly will aid the body’s digestive process, clear the sinuses and oxygenate your body.
- Inverted poses for Blood Circulation: Shirshasana or a headstand requires a lot of balance and may take years of practice for one to become adept. However, to reap the benefit of this asana, you can try simpler inverted poses such as downward facing dog to help you reap the benefits of a full headstand as it increases blood circulation. If your body is flexible enough, you may want to try sharvangasana (shoulder stand). This asana will help in reducing wrinkles and is beneficial for your skin in general.
- Strech Out with Lion pose or Simhasana: This is a great pose that helps you relieve the tension in your facial muscles. Infact, this pose is considered to be one of the best ways to get a natural facelift! Regular practice of this pose also helps maintain respiratory health.To do this pose, simply get into child’s pose. With your hands in front of you for support, kneel, let you tongue hang out and roar a few times till you feel your facial muscles relax.
- Get That Smiling Fish Face: This is another great facial exercise to tighten your facial muscles that can be done anywhere. Simply create a hollow in your cheeks by sucking in your lips and make a ‘fish face’ and stare wide eyed into the horizon to relax your eyes.
- Face Firming with Baby Bird Pose: This pose is amazing for firming the facial muscles. To do this, roll your tongue back and hold in your mouth, lift your face to the left side and try to smile while holding your rolled tongue in place for a few moments. Then bring face back to start and repeat on the right side. Practice regularly for a firmer facial appearance.
These exercises are a great way to maintain a youthful appearance without using artificial means such as painful botox injections or expensive dermal fillers. Also, for those of you considering surgery for a facelift, you might want to give natural methods a try, because you have nothing to lose!
Apart from the above exercises, a healthy diet coupled with regular yoga practice can work wonders for your body, mind and soul. The results of regular practice and a disciplined diet will show wonderful results, slowly but surely.