7 Deadly Sins of Skin Care
Skin care is important all year. Your face is the first thing people see when they meet you and the number one way to identify you so make sure your skin is always in tip top shape by avoiding these sins. These are 7 deadly sins of skin care and they are habits to break TODAY!
1. Not washing your face before bed – It is so important to wash your face before bed with a cleanser and follow with a moisturizer for your skin type (at least). Even if you don’t wear makeup every day, you still need to wash your face to make sure that you are fresh faced for bed so your face can truly get all of the benefits from your slumber.
2. Not taking your makeup off – When you sleep, your skin is supposed to rejuvenate and heal itself. This is what keeps our skin looking gorgeous and healthy every day. When you sleep with makeup on your skin doesn’t get to air out, your skin gets clogged, and you are super prone to break outs. There is no reason to sleep with makeup on, and it can take less than 5 minutes to get it off. Plus, if you don’t wash it off, it can get on your pillow. No fun.
3. Working out with makeup on – I understand that you might want to look cute at the gym. I understand that you might think it looks nice to be sweaty with eyeliner on, but please don’t do it. The makeup is going to clog your pores and not allow you to sweat. Guess what the result is? Break outs. Ain’t nobody got time for that! If you want something on your face while you work out, try a little-tinted moisturizer (with SPF), waterproof mascara, and lip gloss.
4. Choosing the wrong skin care regimen – It’s very important to choose a skin care regimen that matches your skin type. If you have dry skin and are using something for oily skin, it will most likely dry up your skin even more. It’s just not a good idea. If you need help to determine your skin type. If worse comes to worst, at least stick with something for combination skin.
5. Using body soap on your face – It is so important to have at least two if not three soaps. There should be a soap you use on your body and a facial soap (probably your cleanser). Most body soaps and shower gels are too harsh for the sensitive skin on our faces. If you want, a deodorizing soap for your groin and underarm areas can be used also.
6. Not wearing sunscreen – Whoever you are, wherever you are, whenever it is, whatever you look like; if you’re not wearing sunscreen DAILY, you’re going to regret it. Fact.
7. Touching your face – I am totally 100% guilty of this. You touch so many things every day, there are always so many bacteria on your hands practically every second of every day. Keep that off of your face and, for sure, out of your mouth. More break outs, more skin problems. Don’t do it. It is harder than it sounds though – I’ve been working on this one for years.